Diploma in Business Management
Dip. (Business Management)
SAQA ID 91922
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Orange Grove in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College Branch countrywide.
Please dowload the fact sheet for additional, detailed programme information - click here
YEAR ONE MODULES
- Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1161)*
- Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2161)*
- Business Management 1 (HBMN1161)**
- Entrepreneurship 1 (HENT1161)**
- Financial Management 1A (HFMN1A161)**
- Company Law 1 (HCML1161)**
- Socio-economics 1 (HECO1161)**
- Applied Psychology 1 (HAPS1161)**
- Industrial Psychology 1 (HIND1161)**
- Financial Management 1B (HFMN1B161)**
YEAR TWO MODULES
- Business Management 2 (HBMN2161)**
- Entrepreneurship 2 (HENT2161)**
- Financial Management 2 (HFMN2161)**
- Brand Management 1 (HBRD1161)**
- Project Management 1 (HPRM1161)**
- Socio-economics 2 (HSEC2161)**
- Industrial Psychology 2 (HIND2161)**
- Company Law 2 (HCML2161)**
YEAR THREE MODULES
- Business Management 3 (HBMN3161)**
- Entrepreneurship 3 (HENT3161)**
- Applied Research (HAPRD161)**
- Brand Management 3 (HBMN3161)**
- Project Management 2 (HPRM2161)**
- Financial Management 3 (HFMN3161)**
- Work Integrated Learning DIPBM (HWDBM3171)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Two (2) formal Formative Assessments are completed and are weighted 20% (each) of the final grade. No supplementary assessments are provided for Formative Assessments. Two (2) Summative Assessments are completed and are weighted 50% and 10% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for each Summative Assessment, which will be charged for. A learner must obtain a minimum of 30% in the first sitting/submission of a Summative Assessment to qualify for the supplementary assessment opportunity. Sub-minima applies for promotion.
Based on credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is six semesters over a period of three years, and the maximum duration is six years.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
- Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Apply general business principles to real life situations and interpret economic realities of local and global communities
- Manage financial, marketing and technology resources in organisations
- Analyse financial and brand information
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial and project management skills
- Identify the socio-economic needs of society and display cultural sensitivity within organisations
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English passed and with endorsement for admission to Diploma study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)); with English passed and with endorsement for admission to Diploma studies; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.
BOSTON HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Diploma in Business Management SAQA ID 91922, NQF L6 minimum credits 374 from Boston City Campus & Business College.