Diploma in Human Resource Management
Dip. (Human Resource Management)
SAQA ID 90719
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Orange Grove in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College Branch countrywide.
Please download the fact sheet for additional, detailed programme information - click here
YEAR ONE MODULES
- Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1161)*
- Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2161)*
- Human Resource Management 1 (HHRM1161)**
- Company Law 1 (HCML11615)**
- Industrial Psychology 1 (HIND11615)**
- Financial Management 1A (HFMN1A161)**
- Human Resource Development 1 (HHRD1161)**
- Socioeconomics 1 (HSEC11615)**
- Public Relations 1 (HPR1161)**
- Financial Management 1B (HFMN1B161)**
YEAR TWO MODULES
- Human Resources Management 2 (HHRM2161)**
- Labour Law & Industrial Relations 2 (HLLW2161)**
- Business Management 1 (HBMN11615)**
- Human Resource Development 2 (HHRD1161)**
- Socioeconomics 2 (HSEC2161)**
- Project Management 1 (HPRM11615)**
- Industrial Psychology 2 (HIND21615)**
YEAR THREE MODULES
- Human Resource Management 3 (HHRM3161**
- Labour Law & Industrial Relations 3 (HLLW3161)**
- Applied Research (HAPRD161)**
- Human Resource Development 3 (HHRD3161)**
- Business Management 2 (HBMN21615)**
- Work Integrated Learning DIPHRM (HWDHR3171)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Two (2) formal Formative Assessments are completed and are weighted 20% (each) of the final grade. No supplementary assessments are provided for Formative Assessments. Two (2) Summative Assessments are completed and are weighted 50% and 10% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for each Summative Assessment, which will be charged for. A learner must obtain a minimum of 30% in the first sitting/submission of a Summative Assessment to qualify for the supplementary assessment opportunity. Sub-minima applies for promotion.
Based on credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is six semesters over a period of three years, and the maximum duration is six years.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
- Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Apply general human resource management and development principles to real life situations and adhere to regulatory requirements in performing human resource functions
- Manage financial and technology resources in organisations
- Analyse data and legal information
- Demonstrate business management and project management skills
- Identify the socio-economic needs of society and display cultural sensitivity within organisations
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English as one of the modules passed and with endorsement for admission to Diploma study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)); with English as one of the modules passed and with endorsement for admission to Diploma studies; or Prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.
BOSTON HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
Upon successful completion of the qualification, the Learner will be issued a Diploma in Human Resource Management (SAQA ID 90719), NQF Level 6 minimum credits 366 from Boston City Campus & Business College.