Diploma in Marketing Management
Dip. (Marketing Management)
SAQA ID 91924
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Orange Grove in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College Branch countrywide.
Please download the fact sheet for additional, detailed programme information - click here
YEAR ONE MODULES
- Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1161)*
- Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2161)*
- Marketing Management 1 (HMKT11615)**
- Advertising 1 (HADV11615)**
- Financial Management 1A (HFMN1A161)**
- Integrated Marketing Communication 1 (HINT11615)**
- Brand Management 1 (HBRD11615)**
- Media Law 1 (HMLW11615)**
- Business Management 1 (HBMN11615)**
- Financial Management 1B (HFMN1B161)**
YEAR TWO MODULES
- Marketing Management 2 (HMKT2161)**
- Advertising 2 (HADV2161)**
- Applied Psychology 1 (HAPS11615)**
- Integrated Marketing Communication 2 (HINT2161)**
- Brand Management 2 (HBRD2161)**
- Project Management 1 (HPRM11615)**
- Media Law 2 (HMLW2161)**
YEAR THREE MODULES
- Marketing Management 3 (HMKT3161)**
- Advertising 3A (HADV3A161)**
- Integrated Marketing Communication 3A (HINT3A161)**
- Applied Research (HAPRD1161)**
- Advertising 3B (HADV3B161)**
- Integrated Marketing Communication 3B (HINT3B161)**
- Brand Management 3 (HBRD3161)**
- Project Management 2 (HPRM2161)**
- Work Integrated Learning DIPMM (HWDMM3171)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Two (2) formal Formative Assessments are completed and are weighted 20% (each) of the final grade. No supplementary assessments are provided for Formative Assessments. Two (2) Summative Assessments are completed and are weighted 50% and 10% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for each Summative Assessment, which will be charged for. A learner must obtain a minimum of 30% in the first sitting/submission of a Summative Assessment to qualify for the supplementary assessment opportunity. Sub-minima applies for promotion.
Based on credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is six semesters over a period of three years, and the maximum duration is six years.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
- Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Apply general business principles to real life situations and interpret economic realities of local and global communities
- Manage financial, marketing and technology resources in organisations
- Analyse data, advertising and brand information
- Demonstrate integrated marketing communications and project management skills
- Identify the socio-economic needs of society and display cultural sensitivity within organisations
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English passed and with endorsement for admission to Diploma study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)); with English passed and with endorsement for admission to Diploma studies; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.
BOSTON HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Diploma in Marketing Management SAQA ID 91924, NQF L6 minimum credits 390 from Boston City Campus & Business College.