Higher Certificate in Advertising & Integrated Communication Practice
H.Cert. (Advertising & Integrated Communication Practice)
SAQA ID 90819
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Orange Grove in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College branch countrywide.
This unique qualification provides graduates with endorsement for admission to Bachelor’s degree study from the South African Matriculation Board, subject to their rules.
Please download the Fact Sheet for additional, detailed programme information - click here
- Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1161)*
- Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2161)*
- Advertising 1 (HADV1615)**
- Applied Psychology 1 (HAPS11615)**
- Brand Management 1 (HBRD11615)**
- Entrepreneurship 1 (HENT11615)**
- Integrated Marketing Communication 1 (HINT11615)**
- English 1 (HENG1161)**
- Event Management 1 (HEVM11615)**
- Media Law 1 (HMLW11615)**
- Work Integrated Learning HCERT ACP (HWCACP1171)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Two (2) formal Formative Assessments are completed and weighted at 20% (each) of the final grade. No supplementary assessments are provided for Formative Assessments. Two (2) Summative Assessments are completed and weighted at 50% and 10% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for each Summative Assessment, which will be charged for. A Learner must obtain at least 30% in the first sitting/submission of a Summative Assessment to qualify for the supplementary assessment opportunity. Sub-minima applies for promotion.
Based on credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is one year and the maximum duration is two years of study.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
- Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Apply general communication principles to real life situations
- Manage technology resources in organizations
- Apply basic analysis processes to key concepts and principles of advertising and brand management theories
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills
- Identify the socio-economic needs of society and display cultural sensitivity within organisations
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Higher Certificate study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Higher Certificate study; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.
BOSTON HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Higher Certificate in Advertising & Integrated Communication Practice, NQF L5, SAQA ID 90819, minimum 136 credits from Boston City Campus & Business College.