Higher Certificate in Commerce in Human Resource Development
H.Cert. (Commerce) (Human Resource Development)
SAQA ID 21080
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Orange Grove in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College Branch countrywide.
Please download the fact sheet for additional, detailed programme information - click here
SABP Learner Management fee, Student Membership fee and Occupational Programme Assessment Fee will be charged separately.
- Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1161)*
- Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2161)*
- Human Resource Devlopment 1 (HHRD1161)**
- Entrepreneurship 1 (HENT11615)**
- Economics 1 (HECO11615)**
- Financial Management 1A (HFMN1A161)**
- Business Management 1 (HBMN11615)**
- HIV Workplace Policy and Training 1 (HHWPT1161)**
- Company Law 1 (HCML11615)**
- Business Communication 1 (HBCM1161)**
- Financial Management 1B (HFMN1B161)**
- Work Integrated Learning HCERT HRM (HWCHRM1171)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Two (2) formal Formative Assessments are completed and are weighted 20% (each) of the final grade. No supplementary assessments are provided for Formative Assessments. Two (2) Summative Assessments are completed and are weighted 50% and 10% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for each Summative Assessment, which will be charged for. A learner must obtain a minimum of 30% in the first sitting/submission of a Summative Assessment to qualify for the supplementary assessment opportunity. Sub-minima applies for promotion.
Based on the credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is one year and the maximum is two years of study.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
- Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Apply principles of human resource development and business communication to real life situations
- Manage financial information
- Analyse legal and economic data
- Demonstrate business management and entrepreneurial skills
- Manage HIV workplace policy and training interventions in organisations
National Senior Certificate (NSC); or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)) L4; or Prior to 2009, Senior Certificate; or Further Education and Training (FET) Certificate; or equivalent qualification.
Boston will apply, on behalf on the Learner, to the SABPP for verification of the Learner’s results. On successful verification the Learner will be issued a Higher Certificate: Commerce: Human Resource Devlopment SAQA ID 21080, NQF Level 5, 160 credits from SABPP.
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the Learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to an accredited Boston Higher Education Programme.