Higher Certificate in HIV/AIDS Counselling and Management
H.Cert. (HIV/AIDS Counselling & Management)
SAQA ID 96711
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Orange Grove in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College Branch countrywide.
This unique qualification provides graduates with endorsement for admission to bachelor’s degree study from the South African Matriculation Board, subject to their rules.
Please download the fact sheet for additional, detailed programme information - click here
- Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1161)*
- Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2161)*
- Counselling 1 (HCOU1161)**
- HIV Counselling 1 (HHIVC1161)**
- Sexuality & HIV Education 1 (HSHE1161)**
- Applied Psychology 1 (HAPS11615)**
- HIV Care, Nutrition and Management 1 (HCNM1161)**
- HIV Workplace Policy and Training 1 (HHWPT1161)**
- Industrial Psychology 1 (HIND11615)**
- Work Integrated Learning HCERT HACM (HWCHCM1171)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Two (2) formal Formative Assessments are completed and are weighted 20% (each) of the final grade. No supplementary assessments are provided for Formative Assessments. Two (2) Summative Assessments are completed and are weighted 50% and 10% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for each Summative Assessment, which will be charged for. A learner must obtain a minimum of 30% in the first sitting/submission of a Summative Assessment to qualify for the supplementary assessment opportunity. Sub-minima applies for promotion.
Based on credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is one (1) year and the maximum duration is two (2) years of study.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
- Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Apply counseling competencies in a variety of situations and contexts
- Manage HIV workplace policy and training interventions in organisations
- Demonstrate, share and apply knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS in a variety of situations and contexts
- Identify the socio-economic needs of society and display interpersonal as well as cultural and social sensitivity in a variety of situations and contexts
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Higher Certificate study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Higher Certificate study; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.
BOSTON HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Higher Certificate in HIV/AIDS Counselling and Management, NQF Level 5, SAQA ID 96711, minimum 140 credits from Boston.