Occupational programmes lead to academic awards registered on the Occupational Qualifications Sub-Framework (OQSF) of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
Occupational qualifications provide a focus that points towards a specific career field and prepares learners for a specific job(s) function(s). These programmes build a flexible and adaptable competence base that can be applied in a great many professional, work-place contexts.
Occupational qualifications include National Certificates, Higher Certificates and Diplomas, and represent the base for a professional and/or academic journey.
Boston City Campus & Business College (Pty) Ltd (Boston) is accredited, No. 62115C119BC by the South African Board of People Practices (SABPP), for the following occupational qualifications:
Higher Certificate in Commerce in Human Resource Management
- H.Cert. (Commerce) (Human Resource Management)
- SAQA ID 21081, NQF (OQSF) Level 5, minimum Credits 160
Higher Certificate in Commerce in Human Resource Development
- H.Cert. (Commerce) (Human Resource Development)
- SAQA ID 21080, NQF (OQSF) Level 5, minimum Credits 160
Higher Certificate in Commerce in General Management
- H.Cert. (Commerce) (General Management)
- SAQA ID 21079, NQF (OQSF) Level 5, minimum Credits 160
Higher Certificate in Commerce in Public Relations
- H.Cert. (Commerce) (Public Relations)
- SAQA ID 21084, NQF (OQSF) Level 5, minimum Credits 160
Diploma in Commerce in Public Relations
- Diploma in Commerce in Public Relations
- SAQA ID 21068, NQF (OQSF) Level 6, minimum Credits 240
Higher Certificate in Marketing
- H.Cert. (Marketing)
- SAQA ID 21086, NQF (OQSF) Level 5, minimum Credits 160
- This curriculum is accredited with four (4) specialisations from which to choose:
- (Specialisation Digital Music)
- (Specialisation Social Media)
- (Specialisation Sport)
- Specialisation Tourism)
National Certificate in Paralegal Practice in Human Resource & Employee Relations
- N.Cert. (Paralegal Practice) (Human Resource & Employee Relations)
- SAQA ID 97229, NQF (OQSF) Level 5, minimum Credits 131
SABPP is a Quality Assurance Partner (QAP) of the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) and is registered as a Professional Body by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Boston applied for registration with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) as a private college in terms of the Continuing Education and Training Colleges Act, 2006 (Act No 16 of 20016) as amended, and is awaiting the outcome hereof. “In the meantime applicants must continue to operate offering qualifications and part-qualifications for which they have valid accreditation from the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) or any delegated relevant quality assurance body until such that determination on their applications for registration as private colleges is made and the outcome thereon is communicated to them” (Mr FY Patel Registrar: Private Colleges, 23 October 2017).