Media Studies Gateway - Short Learning Programme
SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
A UNIQUE & EXCITING MEDIA STUDIES GATEWAY SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME (ALLIGNED TO THE DIPLOMA IN MEDIA PRACTICES).
Many adult and young adult learners who have not achieved a National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent qualification with endorsement can benefit from higher education. In keeping with the objectives of the NQF, the Department of Higher Education and Training supports wider and more diverse access to higher education. At present institutional admission policies must allow for alternative routes of entry that are equivalent to the NSC standard. This short learning programme covers a range of social, economic and educational purposes, including access to higher education, personal fulfillment and social development and citizenship.
- Media Studies Gateway Short Learning Programme
- Aligned to the Boston Media House Diploma in Media Practices programme (SAQA Id 83166, NQF (HEQSF) Level 6, minimum Credits 362)
THE MEDIA STUDIES GATEWAY SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME WILL PROVIDE STUDENTS WITH THE NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICAL SKILLS REQUIRED TO:*
- Be able to gain admission to the Boston Media House Diploma in Media Practices programme based on an aggregate score of 60% across all short learning programme modules.
- Be able to use media specific science and technology.
- Understand the mutual influence between culture and media.
*Students may not be admitted to the Boston Media House Bachelor of Business Administration in Media Operations Management degree programme through this short learning programme.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION REGULATION 24h
The following category of students are eligible for admission into the short learning programme:
- Category 1: applicants aged 18 or older with a grade 12 certificate and endorsement only for higher certificate studies.
- Category 2: applicants aged 23 or older with a grade 12 or the equivalent certificate and no endorsement.
ALTERNATIVE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
WHAT IS THE DURATION OF STUDY
Six (6) months.
SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME STRUCTURE
- Computer Literacy 0 (MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Academic Literacy 1
- Marketing 1
- Advertising 1
- Radio Broadcasting 1