- Word Processing*
- Spreadsheets Advanced*
- General Office Practice*
- Computerised Accounting (Pastel)*
- Introduction to Business Accounting (FMI)**
- Practical Bookkeeping 1 (FMI)**
- Practical Bookkeeping 2 (FMI)**
- Intermediate Accounting 1 (FMI)**
- Intermediate Accounting 2 (FMI)**
ADDITIONAL ELECTIVE OPTION
- Advanced Accounting (FMI)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of 1 (one) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Formative Assessments are for practice purposes in order to prepare for the Summative Assessment only. A supplementary Summative Assessment oppurtunity is available and will be charged for.
Membership, Assessment and RPL fees to FMI, and the Pastel on-line Assessment fee will be charged separately.
Responsible / Honest / Accurate / Methodical / Careful
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Ability to record income and receipts
- Ability to make and record payments
- Ability to prepare ledger balances and an initial trial balance
- Ability to maintain financial records and prepare general ledger accounts
- Ability to perform VAT calculations and complete returns
- Ability to record business transactions
- Ability to finalise and interpret accounts
A National Senior Certificate or National Certificate (Vocational) or equivalent qualification or alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
OCCUPATIONAL SKILLS PROGRAMME / BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued:
A Bookkeeper Skills Programme, with a total of 54 credits on NQF Levels 4/5 from FASSET SETA
A Boston Short Learning Programme: Bookkeeper including a total of 10 Higher Education Credits on NQF L5 (HCLT1) and a total of 14 Higher Education Credits at NQF L6 (HCLT2) from Boston City CAmpus & Business College.
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the Learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to an accredited Boston Higher Education Programme.