• Word Processing*
• Spreadsheets Advanced*
• General Office Practice*
• Computerised Accounting (Pastel)*
• Introduction to Business Accounting (FMI)**
• Practical Bookkeeping 1 (FMI)**
• Practical Bookkeeping 2 (FMI)**
• Intermediate Accounting 1 (FMI)**
• Intermediate Accounting 2 (FMI)**
ADDITIONAL ELECTIVE OPTION
• Advanced Accounting (FMI)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Formative Assessments are for practice purposes in order to prepare for the Summative Assessment. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A supplementary Summative Assessment opportunity is available and will be charged for.
Membership and Assessment fees to FMI, and the Pastel on-line Assessment fee will be charged separately.
Responsible | Honest | Accurate | Methodical | Careful
• Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Ability to record income and receipts
• Ability to make and record payments
• Ability to prepare ledger balances and an initial trial balance
• Ability to maintain financial records and prepare general ledger accounts
• Ability to perform VAT calculations and complete returns
• Ability to record business transactions
• Ability to finalise and interpret accounts
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L4; or equivalent qualification OR Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
OCCUPATIONAL SKILLS PROGRAMME / BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued:
A Bookkeeper Skills Programme with a total of 54 credits on NQF L4/5 from FASSET SETA
A Boston Short Learning Programme Bookkeeper
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner may apply for admission to a Boston Higher Certificate Programme or an Occupational Qualification. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.