Certificate: Certified Accounting Technician (CAT)
SAQA ID 20397
INTRODUCTORY CERTIFICATE IN FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
• Recording Financial Transactions (ACCA) FA1*
• Management Information (ACCA) MA1*
INTERMEDIATE CERTIFICATE IN FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
• Maintaining Financial Records (ACCA) FA2*
• Managing Costs and Finances (ACCA) MA2*
DIPLOMA IN ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS
• Accountant in Business (ACCA) FAB(F1)*
• Management Accounting (ACCA) FMA(F2)*
• Financial Accounting (ACCA) FFA(F3)*
CERTIFIED ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN (CAT)
• Foundations in Audit (ACCA) FAU*
• Foundations in Financial Management (ACCA) FFM*
• Foundations in Taxation (ACCA) FTX*
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are for practice purposes in order to prepare for the Summative Assessment. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A supplementary Summative Assessment opportunity is available and will be charged for.
Tuition fees include workbooks. Membership and Assessment fees to ACCA will be charged separately. Workplace Experience: In addition to completing the exams, the Learner will also need to gain at least one year’s relevant, supervised work experience in order to qualify and use the letters CAT after his/her name. Practical training can be completed in any size or type of business and in any combination of sectors before, during and/or after completing the examinations (ACCA).
Responsible | Honest | Cautious | Methodical | Accurate | Ethical
A knowledge and understanding of:
• The business organisation, its stakeholders and the external environment
• Business organisational structure, controls and compliance
• Leading and managing individuals and teams
• Personal effectiveness and communication
• Professional ethics in accounting and business
• Nature, source and purpose of management information
• Cost accounting principles and methods
• Standard costing
• Performance measurements
• Context and purpose of financial reporting
• Qualitative characteristics of financial information
• Use of double-entry and accounting systems
• Recording transactions and events
• Preparing a trial balance
• Preparing basic financial statements
• Preparing simple consolidated financial statements
• Interpretation of financial statements
National Senior Certificate (NSC) with English and Mathematical Literacy or Mathematics as two of the modules passed; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English and Mathematical Literacy or Mathematics as two of the modules passed; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English and Mathematics as two of the modules passed; or equivalent qualification.
INSTITUTE LEARNING PROGRAMME / OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Certificate Certified Accounting Technician SAQA ID 20397, NQF L5, 390 credits from FASSET SETA. Professional Certificates and Diploma from ACCA in the United Kingdom.