Further Education & Training Certificate: Bookkeeping - Certified Senior Bookkeeper
- Computerised Accounting (Pastel)*
- Word Processing*
- Presentation Graphics*
Learners must register for all the Boston modules listed above to be awarded the ICB module Junior Bookkeeper: Computerised Bookkeeping (ICB) via the process of recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- Bookkeeping to trial Balance (ICB)**
- Payroll AND monthly SARS Returns (ICB)**
- Financial Statements (ICB)**
- Cost AND management Accounting (ICB)**
- Business Literacy: Communication and Mathematics (ICB)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Five (5) Formative activities and evaluations (tests) comprise a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) that is weighted 30% of the final grade. A Summative Assessment is weighted 70% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Membership, Assessment and RPL fees to ICB, and Pastel on-line Assessment fee will be charged separately.
Logical | Accurate | Methodical | Responsible | Ethical
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Ability to complete monthly and annual bookkeeping function
- Skills for depreciable asset disposal, year-end adjustments, preparation and analysis of financial statements for sole proprietorships, partnerships, close corporations, companies and a thorough understanding of cash flow statements
- Ability to complete basic management accounts and a working knowledge of break-even analysis, cost-volume-profit analysis, advanced costing, budgeting and standard costing, financial management and business ethics
- Eligibility to complete SARS returns other than income tax assessment returns
Grade 11 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L3. No prior Accounting knowledge needed. Learner must be at least 16 years of age.
INSTITUTE LEARNING PROGRAMME / OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Further Education & Training Certificate: Bookkeeping (Certified Senior Bookkeeper) SAQA ID 58376, NQF L4, 130 credits from FASSET SETA as well as eligibility ito RPL for 10 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLT1) and 14 Higher Education credits on NQF L6 (HCLT2) from Boston City Campus & Business College
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to a Boston Short Learning Programme which has a National Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification as the entry requirement.