Credit Controller / Assistant Bookkeeper
- Introduction to PC*
- Word Processing*
- General Office Practice*
- Introduction to Business Accounting (FMI)**
- Principles of Credit Control*
- Practical Bookkeeping 1 (FMI)**
- Practical Bookkeeping 2 (FMI)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Formative Assessments are for practice purposes in order to prepare for the Summative Assessment. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A supplementary Summative Assessment opportunity is available and will be charged for.
Membership and Assessment fees to FMI will be charged separately.
Assertive | Methodical | Efficient | Logical
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Ability to implement the principles of controlling credit within a business
- Ability to record income and receipts
- Ability to make and record payments
- Ability to prepare ledger balances and an initial trial balance
- Ability to maintain financial records and prepare general ledger accounts
- Ability to perform VAT calculations and complete returns
- Ability to records business transactions
OCCUPATIONAL SKILLS PROGRAMME / BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued:
An Assistant Bookkeeper Skills Programme with a total of 38 credits on NQF L4/5 from FASSET SETA.
A Boston Short Learning Programme Credit Controller/ Assistant Bookkeeper including eligibility ito RPL for a total of 18 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLP1 &HCLT1) and 14 Higher Education credits on NQF L6 (HCLT2) from Boston City Campus & Business College.
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the Learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to an accredited Boston Higher Education Programme.