National Certificate: Bookkeeping – Certified Junior Bookkeeper
- Computerised Accounting (Pastel)*
- Word Processing*
- Presentation Graphics*
Learners must register for all the Boston modules listed above to be awarded the ICB module Junior Bookkeeper: Computerised Bookkeeping (ICB) via the process of recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- Bookkeeping to trial Balance (ICB)**
- Payroll AND monthly SARS Returns (ICB)**
- Business Literacy: Communication and Mathematics (ICB)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Five (5) Formative activities and evaluations (tests) comprise a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) that is weighted 30% of the final grade. A Summative Assessment is weighted 70% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Membership, Assessment and RPL fees to ICB, and Pastel on-line Assessment fee will be charged separately.
Logical | Accurate | Methodical | Responsible | Ethical
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Ability to complete monthly bookkeeping functions to trial balance (Accounts Clerk function)
- Debtors Clerk function
- Supplier statement reconciliation (Creditors Clerk function)
- Inventory systems and bank statement reconciliation
- Ability to perform Payroll Clerical functions
- Ability to complete and submit IRP5, IRP6, IT3a, IRP501 and VAT201 returns
- Eligibility to complete SARS returns other than income tax assessment returns
Grade 10 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L2. No prior Accounting knowledge needed. Learner must be at least 16 years of age.
INSTITUTE LEARNING PROGRAMME / OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a National Certificate: Bookkeeping (Certified Junior Bookkeeper) SAQA ID 58375, NQF L3, 120 credits from FASSET SETA as well as eligibility ito RPL for 10 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLT1) and 14 Higher Education credits on NQF L6 (HCLT2) from Boston City Campus & Business Campus
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the Learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to a Boston Short Learning Programme which has a grade 11 certificate or equivalent qualification as the entry requirement.