National Certificate: Bookkeeping – Certified Junior Bookkeeper
SAQA ID 58375
• Computerised Accounting (Pastel)*
• Word Processing*
• Presentation Graphics*
Learners must register for all the Boston modules listed above to be awarded the ICB module Junior Bookkeeper: Computerised Bookkeeping (ICB) via the process of recognition of prior learning (RPL).
• Bookkeeping to Trial Balance (ICB)**
• Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns (ICB)**
• Business Literacy: Communication and Mathematics (ICB)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Five (5) Formative activities and evaluations (tests) comprise a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) that is weighted 30% of the final grade. The Summative Assessment is weighted 70% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Membership, Assessment and RPL fees to ICB, and Pastel on-line Assessment fee will be charged separately.
Logical | Accurate | Methodical | Responsible | Ethical
• Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Ability to complete monthly bookkeeping functions to trial balance (Accounts Clerk function)
• Debtors Clerk function
• Supplier statement reconciliation (Creditors Clerk function)
• Inventory systems and bank statement reconciliation
• Ability to perform Payroll Clerical functions
• Ability to complete and submit IRP5, IRP6, IT3a, IRP501 and VAT201 returns
• Eligibility to complete SARS returns other than income tax assessment returns
Grade 10 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L2. No prior Accounting knowledge needed. Learner must be at least 16 years of age.
INSTITUTE LEARNING PROGRAMME / OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a National Certificate: Bookkeeping (Certified Junior Bookkeeper) SAQA ID 58375, NQF L3, 120 credits from FASSET SETA.
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner may apply for admission to a Boston Short Learning Programme or an Occupational Qualification of which either has a Grade 11 Certificate or equivalent qualification as the entry requirement.