National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting - Public Accounts Administrator
SAQA ID 20352
• Computerised Accounting (Pastel)*
• Word Processing*
• Presentation Graphics*
Learners must register for all the Boston modules listed above to be awarded the ICB module Junior Bookkeeper: Computerised Bookkeeping (ICB) via the process of recognition of prior learning (RPL).
• Bookkeeping to Trial Balance (ICB)**
• Public Accounting Administration (ICB)**
• Business Literacy: Communication and Mathematics (ICB)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Five (5) Formative activities and evaluations (tests) comprise a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) that is weighted 30% of the final grade. The Summative Assessment is weighted 70% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Membership, Assessment and RPL fees to ICB, and Pastel on-line Assessment fee will be charged separately.
Logical | Accurate | Methodical | Responsible | Ethical
• Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Ability to complete monthly bookkeeping function to trial balance (Accounts Clerk function)
• Ability to administer Public Accounts
• Ability to improve Public Sector financial management by adding value, efficiency, and productivity to government department
• A working knowledge of Pastel Accounting software
Grade 11 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L3. No prior Accounting knowledge needed. Learner must be at least 16 years of age.
INSTITUTE LEARNING PROGRAMME / OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting (Public Accountants Administrator) SAQA ID 20352, NQF L4, 120 credits from FASSET SETA.
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner may apply for admission to a Boston Higher Certificate Programme or an Occupational Qualification. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.