National Diploma: Public Sector Accounting - Technical Public Accountant
SAQA ID 20353
• Computerised Accounting (Pastel)*
• Word Processing*
• Presentation Graphics*
Learners must register for all the Boston modules listed above to be awarded the ICB module Junior Bookkeeper: Computerised Bookkeeping (ICB) via the process of recognition of prior learning (RPL).
• Bookkeeping to Trial Balance (ICB)**
• Public Accounting Administration (ICB)**
• Business Literacy: English and Mathematics NQF L5 (ICB)**
• Financial Statements (ICB)**
• Cost and Management Accounting (ICB)**
• Technical Public Accounting (ICB)**
• Business Law and Accounting Control (ICB)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Five (5) Formative activities and evaluations (tests) comprise a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) that is weighted 30% of the final grade. The Summative Assessment is weighted 70% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Membership, Assessment and RPL fees to ICB, and Pastel on-line Assessment fee will be charged separately. Learner must pass the first three ICB modules (first 7 bullets listed above) in order to earn the Certificate (see next panel) before commencing with the final four modules towards the Diploma.
Logical | Accurate | Methodical | Responsible | Ethical
• Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Ability to complete monthly bookkeeping function to trial balance (Accounts Clerk function)
• Administer Public Accounts
• A working knowledge of Pastel Accounting software
• Ability to work as a qualified Accounting Technician in the Public Sector
• Ability to make a positive contribution to the country by improving public finance management, adding value, efficiency and productivity to government departments
National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting (Public Accounts Administrator) L4; or National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L4; or equivalent qualification.
INSTITUTE LEARNING PROGRAMME / OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Diploma: Public Sector Accounting (Technical Public Accountant) SAQA ID 20353, NQF L5, 137 credits from FASSET SETA.
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner may apply for admission to any Boston Diploma or Higher Certificate Programme. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.