National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting – Certified Technical Financial Accountant
- Computerised Accounting (Pastel)*
- Word Processing*
- Presentation Graphics*
Learners must register for all the Boston modules listed above to be awarded the ICB module Junior Bookkeeper: Computerised Bookkeeping (ICB) via the process of recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance (ICB)**
- Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns (ICB)**
- Financial Statements (ICB)**
- Cost and Management Accounting (ICB)**
- Income Tax Returns (ICB)**
- Business Law and Accounting Control (ICB)**
- Business Literacy: Communication and Mathematics (ICB)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Five (5) Formative activities and evaluations (tests) comprise a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) that is weighted 30% of the final grade. A Summative Assessment is weighted 70% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Membership, Assessment and RPL fees to ICB, and Pastel on-line Assessment fee will be charged separately.
Logical | Accurate | Methodical Responsible | Ethical
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of windows-based end-user applications
- Ability to operate with management in an accounting environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of bookkeeping, financial accounting, management accounting, cost accounting, personal and business taxation, business law and accounting control
- Thorough knowledge of personal and business taxation and of the Income Tax Act, the calculation of taxable income for both individuals and businesses, the skills for the completion of income tax returns as well as the ability to provide advice to clients and be current on South African Income Tax calculation and collection
- A working knowledge of business law and accounting control (the audit function), including basic contract and insurance law, insolvency law, internal and computer auditing
- Certified Tax Technician (CTT) status as a member of the South African Institute of Tax Practitioners with a Tax Practitioner’s number allowing him/her to complete monthly and annual SARS returns on behalf of a client
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L4; or equivalent qualification.
INSTITUTE LEARNING PROGRAMME / OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION
On successful completion the learner will be issued a National Diploma: Technical Financial Accountant (Certified Technical Financial Accountant) SAQA ID 36213, NQF L5, 251 credits from FASSET SETA as well as eligibility ito RPL for 10 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLT1) and 14 Higher Education credits on NQF L6 (HCLT2) from Boston City Campus & Business College
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the Learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to an accredited Boston Higher Education Programme.