Higher Certificate in Advertising and Integrated Communication Practice
H.Cert. (Advertising & Integrated Communication Practice)
SAQA ID 90819
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Head Office in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College branch countrywide.
This unique qualification provides graduates with endorsement for admission to Bachelor’s degree study from the South African Matriculation Board, subject to their rules.
Download the Fact Sheet for additional, detailed programme information.
• Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1171)*
• Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2171)*
• Academic Literacy (HALP1181)**
• Advertising 1 (HADV1181)**
• Introduction to Brand Management (HBRD1181)**
• Entrepreneurship 1 (HENT1181)**
• Integrated Marketing Communication 1 (HINT1181)**
• Applied Psychology (HAPS1181)**
• Event Management 1 (HEVM1181)**
• Media Law 1 (HMLW1181)**
• Work Integrated Learning HCERT ACP (HWCACP1171)
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative assessment, which will be charged for.
**One (1) formal Formative Assessment is completed and weighted at 50% of the final grade. No supplementary assessment is provided for Formative Assessment. One (1) Summative Assessment is completed and weighted at 50% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Based on credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is one year and the maximum duration is two years of study.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
• Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Apply general communication principles to real life situations
• Manage technology resources in organisations
• Apply basic analysis processes to key concepts and principles of advertising and brand management theories
• Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills
• Identify the socio-economic needs of society and display cultural sensitivity within organisations
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Higher Certificate study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Higher Certificate study; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.
BOSTON HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Higher Certificate in Advertising & Integrated Communication Practice, NQF Level 5, SAQA ID 90819, minimum 136 credits from Boston City Campus & Business College.