• Word Processing*
• Presentation Graphics*
• Understanding the Internet*
• Principles of Advertising*
• Principles of Journalism*
• Introduction to Public Relations*
• Business English*
• General Office Practice*
• Media Law 1 (OMLW11615)*
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Outgoing | Friendly | Communicative | Creative | Decisive
• Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Insight into job functions of advertising and journalism
• Knowledge of full PR function within an organisation – planning, implementing and monitoring
• Ability to utilise word processing and presentation graphics with ease
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L4; or equivalent qualification OR Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Media Consultant.
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner may apply for admission to a Boston Higher Certificate Programme or an Occupational Qualification. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.