- Introduction to PC*
- Presentation Graphics*
- Understanding the Internet*
- Principles of Advertising*
- Principles of Journalism*
- Introduction to Public Relations*
- Business English*
- General Office Practice*
- Media Law (OMLW11615)*
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Outgoing | Friendly | Communicative | Creative | Decisive
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of windows-based end-user applications
- Insight into job functions of advertising and journalism
- Knowledge of full PR function within an organization – planning, implementing and monitoring
- Ability to utilize word processing and presentation graphics with ease
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L4; or equivalent qualification OR Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Media Consultant including eligibility ito RPL for a total of 18 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLT1, HMLW1) and 14 Higher Education credits on NQF L6 (HCLT2).
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the Learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to an accredited Boston Higher Education Programme.