Public Relations Assistant
- Introduction to PC*
- Word Processing*
- Presentation Graphics*
- Understanding the Internet*
- Introduction to Public Relations*
- Principles of Journalism*
- General Office Practice*
- Business English*
- Integrated Marketing Communication 1 (OINT11615)*
- Principles of Customer Service*
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Confident | Articulate | Responsible | People Skills | Enjoy Organising | Enjoy Presenting
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Ability to practice inside an integrated marketing communications department
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the place of public relations in the organization
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of ethics in public relations
- Ability to assist with preparation of PR strategy and budget within an organization
- Ability to help arrange functions and conferences
- Ability to assist with media relations
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L4; or equivalent qualification OR Learners can apply for RPL entry into the programme from the academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Public relations Assistant including eligibility ito RPL for a total of 34 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLP1, HCLT1, HINT1) and 14 Higher Education credits on NQF L6 (HCLT2).
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the Learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to an accredited Boston Higher Education Programme.