- Introduction to PC*
- Word Processing*
- Word Processing Advanced*
- Presentation Graphics*
- Spreadsheets Advanced*
- Understanding the Internet*
- Reception Skills*
- General Office Practice*
- Principles of Customer Service*
- Typing Skills for the Executive Secretary**
- Typing Speed Development**
- Introduction to Business Accounting (FMI)***
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Keyboarding and Typing modules require the Learner to achieve a stipulated word-per-minute (wpm) typing speed (as stipulated for each module) and in some instances require an additional Summative Assessment. Word-per-minute targets are practice-led assessments formats whereby the Learner continues until the required wpm speed is maintained. Where an additional Summative Assessment is prescribed, the final grade is based on the Summative Assessment as well as the attainment of the wpm typing speed requirement. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for these Summative Assessments which will be charged for.
***Formative Assessments are for practice purposes in order to prepare for the Summative Assessment. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A supplementary Summative Assessment opportunity is available and will be charged for.
Membership and Assessment fees to FMI, will be charged for separately.
Accurate | Pleasant | Friendly | Confident | Responsible
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Ability to understand the operational environment
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of customer service
- Ability to operate computers in the business environment
- Competence in the duties of an executive secretary
- Thorough knowledge of reception and switchboard duties and responsibilities
- Ability to understand basic principles of bookkeeping
- Ability to operate advanced functions of software packages
Grade 11 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L3; or equivalent qualification OR Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Execuitve Secretary including eligibility ito RPL for a total of 18 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLP1, HCLT1) and 14 Higher Education credits on NQF L6 (HCLT2).
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
To progress, complete the modules Business English, Principles of Business Communication and Business Mathematics 1 for admission with advanced placement to a Boston Short Learning Programme which has a National Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification as the entry requirement.