- Introduction to PC*
- Word Processing*
- Understanding the Internet*
- Reception Skills*
- Principles of Customer Service*
- General Office Practice*
- Business English*
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Pleasant | Courteous | Helpful | Patient | Polite | Presentable
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end0user applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Ability to receive visitors and screen calls
- Familiarity with office routine procedures, filing and correspondence
Grade 10 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L2; or equivalent qualification OR Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Receptionist including eligibility ito RPL for a total of 18 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLP1, HCLT1).
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the Learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to a Boston Short Learning Programme which has a Grade 11 Certificate or equivalent qualification as the entry requirement.