Football Coaching & Administration
- Word Processing*
- Football Coaching*
- Club Management and Administration*
- Coaching and Training*
- Sport Psychology*
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Interest in Football | Love of the Outdoors | Efficient
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Knowledge of the history of football
- An understanding of the structures of international and national football
- A thorough knowledge of international and national football competitions
- Ability to understand the food, sleep and fitness implications for footballers
- An understanding of the characteristics of a good coach
- Ability to correctly identify “in play/out of play”, goal, offside, free kick, penalty, foul, throw in, goal kick, corner kick and more
- Ability to understand the causes and prevention of football injuries
Grade 10 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L2; or equivalent qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Sports Club Administration including eligibility ito RPL FOR A TOTAL OF 18 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLP1, HCLT1) and 14 Higher Education credits on NQF L6 (HCLT2).
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
To progress, complete the modules Business English, Principles of Business Communication and Business Mathematics 1 for admission with advanced placement to a Boston Short Learning Programme which has a National Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification as the entry requirement.