Higher Certificate in Marketing Specialisation Sport
H.Cert. (Marketing) (specialisation Sport)
SAQA ID 21086
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Head Office in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College branch countrywide.
Download the Fact Sheet for additional, detailed programme information.
SABPP Learner Management fee, Student Membership fee and Occupational
Programme Assessment Fee will be charged separately.
YEAR ONE MODULES
• Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1171)*
• Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2171)*
• Academic Literacy (HALP1181)**
• Marketing Management 1 (HMKT1181)**
• Integrated Marketing Communication 1 (HINT1181)**”
• Sales and Promotion Practice 1 (HSPS1181)**
• Sports Event Management (HSEM1181)
• Sports Marketing and Sponsorship (HSMS1181)**”
YEAR TWO MODULES
• Sociology of Sport (HSOS1181)**
• Consumer and Buyer Behaviour (HCBB1181)**
• Principles of Marketing Research (HMKR1181)**
• Work Integrated Learning HCERT MSP (HWCMSP1181)
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative assessment, which will be charged for.
**One (1) formal Formative Assessment is completed and weighted at 50% of the final grade. No supplementary assessment is provided for Formative Assessment. One (1) Summative Assessment is completed and weighted at 50% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Based on the credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is eighteen months and the maximum duration is three years of study.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
• Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Apply principles of marketing and integrated communication practice to real life situations
• Analyse market research and sales data
• Demonstrate an understanding of sports sociology and its influence
• Understand the basics of events and sponsorships with a focus on the sporting industry
• Demonstrate working knowledge of the marketing elements of the sporting world
National Senior Certificate (NSC); or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)) L4; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate; or Further Education and Training (FET) Certificate; or equivalent qualification.
Boston will apply, on behalf of the Learner, to the SABPP for verification of the Learner’s results. On successful verification the Learner will be issued a Higher Certificate: Marketing (specialisation Sport) SAQA ID 21086, NQF Level 5, 160 credits from SABPP
The South African Board for People Practices (SABPP) is a Quality Assurance Partner (QAP) of the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) and is registered as a Professional Body by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner may apply for admission to any Boston Diploma or Higher Certificate Programme. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.