The Lay Counsellor
• Counselling 1 (OCOU1161)*
• Sexuality and HIV Education 1 (OSHE1161)*
• HIV Counselling 1 (OHIVC1161)*
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative assessment, which will be charged for.
Friendly | Helpful | Good at Communicating | Good People Skills | Diplomatic
• Demonstrate an understanding of the principles and scope of sexuality and HIV education according to the fundamental theories
• Demonstrate an understanding of the principles and scope of counselling and HIV counselling according to the fundamental theories.
• Comply with relevant legal and ethical practice
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L4; or equivalent qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme The Lay Counsellor
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner may apply for admission to a Boston Higher Certificate Programme or an Occupational Qualification. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.