Sports Club Administration
• Word Processing*
• Club Management and Administration*
• Sports Marketing and Sponsorship*
• Sociology of Sport*
• Sports Medicine and Injuries*
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Interest in Sport | Enthusiastic | Ability to Manage | Confidence to Make Decisions
• Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• A full insight into the commercial sporting world
• Ability to communicate at all levels
• An understanding of administrative systems required to administer a sport or fitness organisation
• Knowledge of sound business principles required in a sport or fitness organisation
• Ability to understand implications of a sports club constitution
• An understanding of the roles and functions of office bearers in a sport or fitness organisation
• Ability to understand recruitment and management of sports club members
Grade 10 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L2; or equivalent qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Sports Club Administration including a total of 18 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLP1, HCLT1) and 14 Higher Education credits on NQF L6 (HCLT2)
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
To progress, complete the modules Business English, Principles of Business Communication and Business Mathematics 1 for admission with advanced placement to a Boston Short Learning Programme which has a National Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification as the entry requirement.