Diploma in Event Management
Dip. (Event Management)
SAQA ID 93877
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Head Office in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College branch countrywide.
Download request the Fact Sheet for additional, detailed programme information.
YEAR ONE MODULES
• Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1171)*
• Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2171)*
• Event Management 1 (HEVM1161)**
• Marketing Management 1 (HMKT1161)**
• Financial Management 1A (HFMN1A161)**
• Integrated Marketing Communication 1 (HINT1161)**
• Entrepreneurship 1 (HENT1161)**
• Public Relations 1 (HPR1161)**
• Financial Management 1B (HFMN1B161)**
YEAR TWO MODULES
• Event Management 2A (HEVM2A161)**
• Marketing Management 2 (HMKT2161)**
• Business Management 1 (HBMN1161)**
• Public Relations 2A (HPR2A161)**
• Event Management 2B (HEVM2B161)**
• Entrepreneurship 2 (HENT2161)**
• Project Management 1 (HPRM1161)**
• Public Relations 2B (HPR2B161)**
• Applied Research (HAPRD161)**
YEAR THREE MODULES
• Event Management 3A (HEVM3A161)**
• Marketing Management 3 (HMKT3161)**
• Project Management 2 (HPRM2161)**
• Event Management 3B (HEVM3B161)**
• Integrated Marketing Communication 2 (HINT2161)**
• Work Integrated Learning DIPEM (HWDEM3171)**
• Microsoft Project 1*
• Microsoft Project 2*
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Two (2) formal Formative Assessments are completed and are weighted 20% (each) of the final grade. No supplementary assessments are provided for Formative Assessments. Two (2) Summative Assessments are completed and are weighted 50% and 10% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for each Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Based on the credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is six semesters over a period of three years, and the maximum duration is six years.
On completion of the programme graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
• Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Apply general business and marketing principles to hospitality and event management and interpret economic realities of local and global communities
• Manage financial and technology resources in organisations
• Analyse data, marketing information and performance of hospitality events
• Demonstrate entrepreneurial and project management skills
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English passed and with endorsement for admission to Diploma study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English passed and with endorsement for admission to Diploma studies; or Prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.
BOSTON HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Diploma in Event Management SAQA ID 93877, NQF L6, minimum 374 credits from Boston City Campus & Business College.