Diploma in Systems Development
Dip. (Systems Development)
SAQA ID 91923
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Head Office in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College branch countrywide.
Download the Fact Sheet for additional, detailed programme information.
YEAR ONE MODULES
• Computer Literacy 1A (HCLT1A171)*
• Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1171)*
• Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2171)*
• Computer Literacy 2 (HCLT2171)*
• Systems Development 1 (HSYD1171)**
• IT Systems Management 1 (HISM1161)**
• Business Management 1 (HBMN11615)**
• Technical Systems and Support 1 (HTSS1171)**
• Basic Finance and Budgeting 1 (HBFB1161)**
• Business Communication 1 (HBCM1161)**
• Praxis 1 (HPRX1161)
YEAR TWO MODULES
• Database Programming 2 (HDBP2161)**
• Project Management 1 (HPRM11615)**
• Socioeconomics 1 (HSEC11615)**
• Praxis S2 (HPRXS2161)
• Systems Development 2A (HSYD2A161)**
• Systems Development 2B (HSYD2B161)**
YEAR THREE MODULES
• Systems Analysis and Design 3 (HSAD3161)**
• Workflow Management 3 (HWFM3161)**
• Systems Development Project Management 2 (HSPM3161)**
• Praxis S3A (HPRXS3A161)
• Systems Development 3 (HSYD3161)**
• Software Testing 3 (HSFT3161)**
• Praxis S3B (HPRXS3B161)
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative assessment, which will be charged for.
**Two (2) formal Formative Assessments are completed and weighted at 20% (each) of the final grade. No supplementary assessments are provided for Formative Assessments. Two (2) Summative Assessments are completed and weighted at 50% and 10% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for each Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Additionally, Learners may opt to sit for International CompTIA Examinations at Boston City Campus. These examination fees are excluded but charged at cost.
Based on credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is six semesters over a period of three years, and the maximum duration is six years.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
• Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Apply general business principles to real life situations
• Manage information technology systems analysis functions in organisations
• Demonstrate project management skills for technology
• Develop and maintain information technology systems
• Identify the socio-economic needs of society and display cultural sensitivity within Organisations
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Diploma study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Diploma study; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.
BOSTON HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Diploma in Systems Development, NQF Level 6, SAQA ID 91923, minimum 364 credits from Boston CityCampus & Business College.