Higher Certificate in Marketing Practice
H.Cert. (Marketing Practice)
SAQA ID 97230
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Head Office in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College branch countrywide.
This unique qualification provides graduates with endorsement for admission to Bachelor’s degree study from the South African Matriculation Board, subject to their rules.
Download the Fact Sheet for additional, detailed programme information.
• Computer Literacy (HCLT101-1)*
• Academic Literacy (HALP1181)**
• Marketing Management 1 (HMKT1181)**
• Entrepreneurship 1 (HENT1181)**
• Introduction to Brand Management (HBRD1181)**
• Event Management 1 (HEVM1181)**
• Media Law 1 (HMLW1181)**
• Sales and Promotions Practice (HSPS1181)**
• Work Integrated Learning HCERT MP (HWCMP1171)***
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Assessment Strategy C (ASC): Formative assessments (FA1 and FA2), also known as quizzes, will count fifty percent (50%) – twenty five percent (25%) each - towards the overall mark. A summative assessment in the form of a final exam (SA1), will count fifty percent (50%) towards the overall mark.
**Assessment Strategy 2 (AS2): The formative assessment (FA1), also known as an assignment or test, will count fifty percent (50%) towards the overall mark. The summative assessment in the form of a final exam or capstone project (SA1), will count fifty percent (50%).
***Assessment Strategy W (ASW): Formative assessments (FA1 and FA2), also known as assignments, will count forty percent (40%) - twenty percent (20%) each - towards the overall mark. Summative assessments in the form of a practicum, will count forty percent (40%), and a research or reflective essay (SA2) will count twenty percent (20%) towards the overall mark.
Based on credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is one year and the maximum duration is two years of study.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
• Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Apply general marketing principles to real life situations
• Manage media and technology resources in organisations
• Demonstrate marketing/business communication and brand management skills
• Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills
• Identify the socio-legal implications of media law within society and display cultural sensitivity with its application
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Higher Certificate study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Higher Certificate study; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.
BOSTON HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Higher Certificate in Marketing Practice, NQF Level 5, SAQA ID 97230, minimum 122 credits from Boston City Campus & Business College.