• Introduction to PC*
• Word Processing*
• Understanding the Internet*
• Tourism Geography*
• Overview: South Africa*
• Introduction to Domestic Travel*
• Travel Industry Operations*
This module is lecture based and will be scheduled at various times throughout the year
All modules are compulsory unless otherwise specified and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Amadeus is a computerised Global Distribution System. Learners are free to select an alternative system, for example Galileo but this is not taught at Boston. In this case the Learner must not register for Amadeus but must furnish the college with proof of certification in Galileo Training. The certified copy of this training certificate will be placed in the Learner’s Portfolio of Evidence.
Friendly | Love of Travel | Accurate | Diplomatic
The recommended duration is eleven months with an option to extend to eighteen months at no additional cost.
• Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• An understanding of the travel and tourism industry
• Ability to operate in the travel and tourism environment
• Destination knowledge
• Conversant in travel geography
• A working knowledge and competency with fares and ticketing, and travel documentation
• Ability to handle procedures and transactions according to industry and operational requirements
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L4; or equivalent qualification or alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Booking Agent
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner may apply for admission to a Boston Higher Certificate Programme or an Occupational Qualification. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.