Diploma in Event Management
Dip. (Event Management)
SAQA ID 93877
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Orange Grove in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College Branch countrywide.
Please download the fact sheet for additional, detailed programme information - click here
YEAR ONE MODULES
- Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1161)*
- Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2161)*
- Event Management 1 (HEVM1161)**
- Marketing Management 1 (HMKT1161)**
- Financial Management 1A (HFMN1A161)**
- Integrated Marketing Communication 1 (HINT1161)**
- Entrepreneurship 1 (HENT1161)**
- Public Relations 1 (HPR1161)**
- Financial Management 1B (HFMN1B161)**
YEAR TWO MODULES
- Event Management 2A (HEVM2A161)**
- Marketing Management 2 (HMKT2162)**
- Business Management 1 (HBMN1161)**
- Public Relations 2A (HPR2A161)**
- Event Management 2B (HEVM2B161)**
- Entrepreneurship 2 (HENT2161)**
- Project Management 1 (HPRM1161)**
- Public Relations 2B (HPR2B161)**
- Applied Research (HAPRD161)**
YEAR THREE MODULES
- Event Management 3A (HEVM3A161)**
- Marketing Management 3 (HMKT3161)**
- Project Management 2 (HPRM2161)**
- Event Management 3B (HEVM3B161)**
- Integrated Marketing Communication 2 (HINT2161)**
- Work Integrated Learning DIPEM (HWDEM3171)**
- Microsoft Project 1*
- Microsoft Project 2*
All modules are compulsory and must be passed
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Two (2) formal Formative Assessments are completed and are weighted 20% (each) of the final grade. No supplementary assessments are provided for Formative Assessments. Two (2) Summative Assessments are completed and are weighted 50% and 10% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for each Summative Assessment, which will be charged for. A learner must obtain a minimum of 30% in the first sitting/submission of a Summative Assessment to qualify for the supplementary assessment opportunity. Sub-minima applies for promotion.
Based on the credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is six semesters over a period of three years, and the maximum duration is six years.
On completion of the programme graduates will have the necessary knowledge and skills required to:
- Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Apply general business and marketing principles to hospitality and event management and interpret economic realties of local and global communities
- Manage financial and technology resources in organisations
- Analyse data, marketing information and performance of hospitality events
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial and project management skills
National Senior Certificate (NSC) with English passed and with endorsement for admission to Diploma study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English passed and with endorsement for admission to Diploma studies; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.
BOSTON HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Diploma in Event Management SAQA ID 93877, NQF L6, minimum 374 credits from Boston City Campus & Business College.