The Event Planner
- Introduction to PC*
- Event Management 1 (OEVM11615)*
- Advertising 1 (OADV11615)**
- Project Management 1 (OPRM11615)*
All modules are compulsory and must be passed
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Friendly | Creative | Good at Communicating | Good People Skills | Passion for Events
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Insight into the various elements of event management
- Demonstrate an understanding of the contemporary advertising milieu
- Knowledge of the project management cycle from planning to closure
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L4; or equivalent qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme The Event Planner including eligibility ito RPL for a total of 40 Higher Education Credits on NQF L5 (HCLP1, HEVM1, HADV1) and 12 Higher Education credits on NQF L6 (HPRM1).
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the Learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to an accredited Boston Higher Education Programme.