- Introduction to PC*
- Word Processing*
- Understanding the Internet*
- General Office Practice*
- Business English*
- Principles of Customer Service*
- Introduction to Public Relations*
- Food Production Principles 1 (Hospitality)*
- Food and Beverage Services 1*
- Reservations and Front-of-House Programme (Jade Apex)*
- Reception Skills*
- Business Management Techniques*
- Food and beverage Services 2*
- Food Costing (Hospitality)*
- Tourism (Hospitality)*
- Introduction to Business Accounting (FMI)**
- Field Trips
All modules are compulsory and must be passed
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Formative Assessments are for practice purposes in order to prepare for the Summative Assessment. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A supplementary Summative Assessment opportunity is available and will be charged for.
Membership and Assessment fees to FMI, will be charged for separately.
Friendly | Accurate | Helpful| Creative | Hardworking | Diplomatic
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Competence in pre-arrival, in-house and post-departure procedures
- A basic understanding of Business Accounting
- Ability to receive and communicate effectively with visitors
- Ability to design nutritious menus
Grade 10 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L2; or equivalent qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Hotel and Catering Operations including eligibility ito RPL for a total of 18 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLP1, HCLT1) and 14 Higher Education credits on NQF L6 (HCLT2).
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the Learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to a Boston Short Learning Programme which has a Grade 11 Certificate or equivalent qualification as the entry requirement.