Hotel and Catering Operations
• Introduction to PC*
• Word Processing*
• Event Management 1 (OEVM11615)*
• Food Production Principles 1*
• Food and Beverage Services 1*
• Reservations and Front-of-House Programme (Jade Apex)*
• Practical Cooking Skills*
• Tourism (Hospitality)*
• Food Production Principles 2*
• Food and Beverage Services 2*
• Food Costing*
• Principles of Baking*
• Field Trips
• Experiential Training for three months**
All modules are compulsory unless otherwise specified and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Please note that Learners must obtain experiential training (workplace experience) for a minimum of three months. The obligation to find a suitable experiential training workplace does not rest with Boston City Campus & Business College.
Friendly | Hardworking | Accurate | Diplomatic | Passion for Events
The recommended duration is eleven months with an option to extend to eighteen months at no additional cost.
• Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• An understanding of the hospitality environment
• Insight into the various elements of event management
• Ability to demonstrate computer literacy in the hospitality environment
• Ability to execute administrative functions within the hospitality environment
• Ability to demonstrate the preparation of basic food and drinks in the hospitality environment
• Ability to maintain own operations in the hospitality environment
Grade 11 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L3; or equivalent qualification or alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Hotel & Catering Operations
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
To progress, complete the modules Business English, Principles of Business Communication and Business Mathematics for admission ito RPL to a Boston Short Learning Programme or an Occupational Qualification of which either has a Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent qualification as the entry requirement. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.