Reservations & Front-Of-House Officer
• Introduction to PC*
• Word Processing*
• Understanding the Internet*
• General Office Practice*
• Principles of Customer Service*
• Reservations and Front-of-House Programme (Jade Apex)*
• Reception and Switchboard Skills*
• Business English*
• Field Trips
All modules are compulsory unless otherwise specified and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Friendly | Accurate | Helpful | Diplomatic
• Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows based end-user applications
• Competence in all pre-arrival, in-house and post-departure procedures
• Ability to receive visitors and communicate effectively with customers
• Ability to utilise reservations and front-of-house software as well as possess word processing skills
Grade 10 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L2; or equivalent qualification or alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Reservations & Front-of-House Officer including a total of 18 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLP1, HCLT1) and 14 Higher Education credits on NQF L6 (HCLP2)
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the Learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to a Boston Short Learning Programme which has a Grade 11 Certificate or equivalent qualification as the entry requirement.