- Introduction to PC*
- Word Processing*
- Understanding the Internet*
- Business English*
- Tourism Geography*
- Overview: South Africa*
- Effective Communication (Travel)*
- Principles of Customer Service*
- Field Trips
All modules are compulsory and must be passed
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Friendly | Polite | Enthusiastic | Confident | Outgoing
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- A detailed knowledge of the geography of South Africa
- A detailed knowledge of tourism destinations in South Africa
- An understanding of how to treat customers within a travel and tourism environment
Grade 10 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L2; or equivalent qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Tourism including eligibility ito RPL for a total of 18 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLP1, HCLT1).
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the Learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to a Boston Short Learning Programme which has a Grade 11 Certificate or equivalent qualification as the entry requirement.