• Introduction to PC*
• Word Processing*
• Understanding the Internet*
• Business English*
• Tourism Geography*
• Overview: South Africa*
• Effective Communication (Travel)*
• Principles of Customer Service*
• Field Trips
All modules are compulsory unless otherwise specified and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Friendly | Polite | Enthusiastic | Confident | Outgoing
The recommended duration is eleven months with an option to extend to eighteen months at no additional cost.
• Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• A detailed knowledge of the geography of South Africa
• A detailed knowledge of tourism destinations in South Africa
• An understanding of how to treat customers within a travel and tourism environment
Grade 10 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L2; or equivalent qualification or alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Tourism
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner apply for admission to a Boston Short Learning Programme or an Occupational Qualification of which either has a Grade 11 Certificate or equivalent qualification as the entry requirement. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.