Travel and Tourism Operations
• Introduction to PC*
• Word Processing*
• Understanding the Internet*
• Tourism Geography*
• Overview: South Africa*
• Introduction to Domestic Travel*
• Travel Industry Operations*
• Overview: Africa*
• Overview: International Destinations*
• Selling Skills (Travel)*
• Introduction to International Travel*
• Field Trips
This module is lecture based and will be scheduled at various times throughout the year
• Experiential Training for three months***
All modules are compulsory unless otherwise specified and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Amadeus is a computerised Global Distribution System. Learners are free to select an alternative system, for example Galileo but this is not taught at Boston. In this case the Learner must not register for Amadeus but must furnish the college with proof of certification in Galileo Training. The certified copy of this training certificate will be placed in the Learner’s Portfolio of Evidence.
***Please note that Learners must obtain experiential training (workplace experience) for a minimum of three months. The obligation to find a suitable experiential training workplace does not rest with Boston City Campus & Business College.
Accurate | Responsible | Love of Travel | Friendly
The recommended duration is eleven months with an option to extend to eighteen months at no additional cost.
• Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• An understanding of the travel and tourism industry
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of customer service
• Ability to demonstrate computer literacy in the travel and tourism environment
• Ability to operate in the travel and tourism environment
• Destination knowledge
• Fully conversant in travel geography
• A working knowledge and competency with fares and ticketing, and travel documentation
• Ability to handle financial practices, calculations, procedures and transactions according to industry and operational requirements
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L4; or equivalent qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Travel & Tourism Operations
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner may apply for admission to a Boston Higher Certificate Programme or an Occupational Qualification. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.