Diploma in Network Systems
Dip. (Network Systems)
SAQA ID 91921
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Head Office in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College branch countrywide.
Download the Fact Sheet for additional, detailed programme information.
YEAR ONE MODULES
• Computer Literacy 1A (HCLT1A171)*
• Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1171)*
• Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2171)*
• Computer Literacy 2 (HCLT2171)*
• Systems Development 1 (HSYD1171)**
• IT Systems Management 1 (HISM1161)**
• Business Management 1 (HBMN11615)**
• Technical Systems and Support 1 (HTSS1171)**
• Basic Finance and Budgeting 1 (HBFB1161)**
• Business Communication 1 (HBCM1161)**
• Praxis 1 (HPRX1161)
YEAR TWO MODULES
• IT Systems Management 2 (HISM2161)**
• Project Management 1 (HPRM11615)**
• Socioeconomics 1 (HSEC11615)**
• Praxis N2 (HPRXN2161)
• Network Systems 2A (HNTS2A161)**
• Network Systems 2B (HNTS2B161)**
• Network Systems 2C (HNTS2C161)**
• Network Systems 2D (HNTS2D161)**
YEAR THREE MODULES
• IT Systems Management 3 (HISM3161)**
• Network Systems 3 (HNTS3161)**
• Praxis N3A (HPRXN3A161)
• Telecommunications 3 (HTCP3161)**
• IT Project Management 3 (HIPM3161)**
• Praxis N3B (HPRXN3B161)
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative assessment, which will be charged for.
**Two (2) formal Formative Assessments are completed and weighted at 20% (each) of the final grade. No supplementary assessments are provided for Formative Assessments. Two (2) Summative Assessments are completed and weighted at 50% and 10% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for each Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Additionally, Learners may opt to sit for International CompTIA, Microsoft® and CISCO™ Examinations at Boston City Campus. These examination fees are excluded but charged at cost.
Based on credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is six semesters over a period of three years, and the maximum duration is six years.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
• Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Apply general business principles to real life situations
• Manage technological resources in organisations
• Demonstrate project management skills for technology
• Develop and maintain network and telecommunication systems
• Identify the socio-economic needs of society and display cultural sensitivity within Organisations
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Diploma study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Diploma study; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.
BOSTON HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Diploma in Network Systems, NQF Level 6, SAQA ID 91921, minimum 364 credits from Boston City Campus & Business College.