Diploma in Network Systems
Dip. (Network Systems)
SAQA ID 91921
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Orange Grove in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College Branch countrywide.
Please download the fact sheet for additional, detailed programme information - click here
YEAR ONE MODULES
- Computer Literacy 1A (HCLT1A161)*
- Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1161)*
- Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2161)*
- Computer Literacy 2 (HCLT2161)*
- Systems Development 1 (HSYD1611)**
- IT Systems Management 1 (HISM1161)**
- Business Management 1 (HBMN11615)**
- Technical Systems and Support 1 (HTSS1171)**
- Basic Finance and Budgeting 1 (HBFB1161)**
- Business Communication 1 (HBCM1161)**
- Praxis 1 (HPRX1161)
YEAR TWO MODULES
- IT Systems Management 2 (HISM2161)**
- Project Management 1 (HPRM11615)**
- Socio-economics 1 (HSEC11615)**
- Praxis N2 (HPRXN2161)
- Network Systems 2A (HNTS2A161)**
- Network Systems 2B (HNTS2B161)**
- Network Systems 2C (HNTS2C161)**
- Network Systems 2D (HNTS2D161)**
YEAR THREE MODULES
- IT Systems Management 3 (HISM3161)**
- Network Systems 3 (HNTS3161)**
- Praxis N3A (HPRXN3A161)
- Telecommunications 3 (HTCP3161)**
- IT Project Management 3 (HIPM3161)**
- Praxis N3B (HPRXN3B161)
All modules are compulsory and must be passed
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Two (2) formal Formative Assessments are completed and are weighted 20% (each) of the final grade. No supplementary assessments are provided for Formative Assessments. Two (2) Summative Assessments are completed and are weighted 50% and 10% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for each Summative Assessment, which will be charged for. A learner must obtain a minimum of 30% in the first sitting/submission of a Summative Assessment to qualify for the supplementary assessment opportunity. Sub-minima applies for promotion.
Additionally Learners may opt to sit for International CompTIA, Microsoft and CISCO Examinations at Boston City Campus. These examination fees are excluded but charged at cost.
Based on credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is six semesters over a period of three years, and the maximum duration is six years.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and skills required to:
- Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Apply general business principles to real life situations
- Manage information technology systems analysis functions in organisations
- Demonstrate project management skills for technology
- Develop and maintain information technology systems
- Identify the socio-economic needs of society and display cultural sensitivity within organisations
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Diploma study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Diploma study; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.
BOSTON HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Diploma in Network Systems, NQF Level 6, SAQA ID 91921, minimum 364 credits from Boston.