- Understanding the Internet*
- A+ (CompTIA)**
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (Cisco)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**The Learner may participate in as many non-formal Assessments as are required in order to prepare for the International exam. Once declared ready, the Learner may then sit for the International Summative Assessment. All International Summative Assessments require a learner to be declared competent. There is no supplementary opportunity as the Learner is permitted to sit for the International Summative Assessment as many times as is required, until declared Competent. Each International Summative Assessment sitting attracts an additional fee.
Prescribed textbooks are included in tuition fees.
Learners may sit their International CompTIA Examinations and International Cisco Examinations at Boston City Campus. These examination fees are excluded but charged at cost.
Technical | Patient | Disciplined
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using Windows
- Ability to build, troubleshoot and repair computer systems
- Ability to install, operate and troubleshoot a small to medium size enterprise branch network
- Ability to manage and configure basic network routers and switches
- Networking Support Technician
- Routing and Switching Support Technician
- Network Specialist Technician
INSTITUTE LEARNING PROGRAMME / BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued
An A+ Certification from CompTIA (Internationally recognised)
A Network+ Certification from CompTIA (Internationally recognised)
A Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification from Cisco (CCNA: Internationally recognized)
A Boston Short Learning Programme Networking Technician including eligibility ito RPL for a total of 8 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLP1)