- Word Processing*
- Company Law 1 (OCML11615)*
- Law Office Practice and Procedure*
- Principles of Customer Service*
- Business English*
- Typing Skills for the Executive Secretary**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
*Keyboarding and Typing modules require the Learner to achieve a stipulated word-per-minute (wpm) typing speed (as stipulated for each module) and in some instances require an additional Summative Assessment. Word-per-minute targets are practice-led assessments formats whereby the Learner continues until the required wpm speed is maintained. Where an additional Summative Assessment is prescribed, the final grade is based on the Summative Assessment as well as the attainment of the wpm typing speed requirement. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for these Summative Assessments which will be charged for.
Responsible | Accurate | Methodical | Friendly | Passion for the Administration
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- A thorough understanding of the legal system and the law of contract
- A full understanding of all the stages of and procedures involved in conveyancing
- An understanding of customer service and dealing with clients
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L4; or equivalent qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Conveyancing Secretary including eligibility ito RPL for a total of 26 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLP1, HCLT1, HCML1) and 14 Higher Education credits on NQF L6 (HCLP2)
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the Learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to an accredited Boston Higher Education Programme.