Executive Secretary Legal
• Introduction to PC*
• Word Processing*
• Presentation Graphics*
• Understanding the Internet*
• General Office Practice*
• Principles of Customer Service*
• Introduction to the Study of Law*
• Law Office Practice and Procedure*
• Typing Skills for the Executive Secretary**
• Typing Speed Development**
• Audio Typing**
All modules are compulsory unless otherwise specified and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Keyboarding and Typing modules require the Learner to achieve a stipulated word-per-minute (wpm) typing speed (as stipulated for each module) and in some instances require an additional Summative Assessment. Word-per-minute targets are practice-led assessment formats whereby the Learner continues until the required wpm speed is maintained. Where an additional Summative Assessment is prescribed, the final grade is based on the Summative Assessment as well as the attainment of the wpm typing speed requirement. A maximum of 1 (one) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for these Summative Assessments, which will be charged for.
Accurate | Responsible | Methodical | Analytical
• Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Ability to understand the operational environment
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of customer service
• Ability to operate computers in the business environment
• Competence in the duties of an executive secretary
• Full insight into legal office practice and procedures
Grade 11 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L3; or equivalent qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Executive Secretary Legal
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
To progress, complete the modules Business English, Principles of Business Communication and Business Mathematics for admission ito RPL to a Boston Short Learning Programme or an Occupational Qualification of which either has a Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent qualification as the entry requirement. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.