Higher Certificate in Human Resource Management Practice
H.Cert. (Human Resource Management Practice)
Accredited by the HEQC(CHE), awaiting Registration outcomes from SAQA and the DHET to enroll students.
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Head Office in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College branch countrywide.
This unique qualification provides graduates with endorsement for admission to Bachelor’s degree study from the South African Matriculation Board, subject to their rules.
The Fact Sheet for additional, detailed programme information is not yet available.
• Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1171)*
• Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2171)*
• Academic Literacy (HALP1181)**
• Human Resource Functions (HHRF1181)**
• Introduction to Industrial Psychology (HIND1181)**
• Introduction to Socioeconomics (HSEC1181)**
• Organisational Development (HODV1181)**
• Human Resource Training and Development (HHTD1181)**
• Work Integrated Learning HCERT HRP (HWCHRP1181)
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative assessment, which will be charged for.
**One (1) formal Formative Assessment is completed and weighted at 50% of the final grade. No supplementary assessment is provided for Formative Assessment. One (1) Summative Assessment is completed and weighted at 50% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Based on credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is one year and the maximum duration is two years of study.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
• Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Apply human resource and employment relations principles to real life situations
• Manage the different phases of organisational development in organisations
• Analyse theories of outcomes-based adult education and training as well as the taxonomies of learning
• Demonstrate and understanding of recruitment, selection, motivation and retention processes/strategies
• Identify the socio-economic needs of society and display cultural sensitivity within organisations
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Higher Certificate study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Higher Certificate study; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.
BOSTON HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Higher Certificate in Human Resource Management Practice, NQF Level 5, SAQA ID TBA, minimum 122 credits from Boston City Campus & Business College.