National Certificate: Paralegal Practice - Human Relations & Employee Relations
SAQA ID 97229
Also offered by Boston City Campus & Business College as a Learnership Programme. Please request the additional information from the Learnership Department.
• Word Processing*
• Business Mathematics 1 (OBMTH11615)*
If the Learner has passed NSC or NCV with Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy, the Learner need not register for Business Mathematics (ito the CAT Policy)
• Human Resource Management 1 (OHRM11615)*
• Paralegal Practice Module 1: Legal Principles and Practice**
• Paralegal Practice Module 2: Business Principles and Practice**
• Paralegal Practice Module 3: Office Support and Administration**
• Paralegal Practice Module 4: Research Methodology**
• Paralegal Practice Module 5: Aspects of Finance and IT**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Each module requires a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) that includes Formative and Summative Assessments. Both are used to assess Competence against Specific Outcomes (SO) and Assessment Criteria (AC). In addition, Learners complete a Final Integrated Summative Assessment (FISA) and must be found Competent in this assessment.
SABPP Learner Management fee, Student Membership fee and Occupational Programme Assessment Fee will be charged separately.
Based on the credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is twelve months and the maximum duration is two years of study.
• Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• An understanding of South African law and the legal system with specific emphasis on Paralegalism
• Ability to apply fundamental legal concepts, principles, theories and values within a Paralegal Sector
• An understanding of procedure in courts and other forums
• Ability to guide and refer clients in terms of legal enquiries
• Ability to create, maintain and update record-keeping systems
• Ability to plan, organise and control the day-to-day administration of an office support function
• Ability to gather and manage information for decision-making and to conduct research
• Ability to perform financial planning and control function for a small business
National Senior Certificate (NSC); or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)) L4; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate; or Further Education and Training (FET) Certificate; or equivalent qualification.
On successful completion of the theory assessments and practical assignments the Learner will be issued a Boston Statement of Results indicating the unit standards covered.
Boston will apply, on behalf of the Learner, to the SABPP for verification of the Learner’s results. On successful verification the Learner will be issued a National Certificate:
Paralegal Practice: Human Resource & Employee Relations SAQA ID 97229, NQF Level 5, 131 credits from SABPP
The South African Board for People Practices (SABPP) is a Quality Assurance Partner (QAP) of the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) and is registered as a Professional Body by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner may apply for admission to any Boston Diploma or Higher Certificate Programme. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.