National Certificate: Paralegal Practice - Human Relations & Employee Relations
SAQA ID 97229
This is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College as a Learnership Programme ONLY.
Please request the additional information from the Learnership Department.
- Word Processing*
- Business Mathematics 1 (OBMTH11615)*
If the Learner has passed NSC or NCV with Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy, the Learner need not register for Business Mathematics (ito the CAT Policy)
- Human Resource Management 1 (OHRM11615)*
- Paralegal Practice Module 1: Legal Principles and Practice**
- Paralegal Practice Module 2: Business Principles and Practice**
- Paralegal Practice Module 3: Office Support and Administration**
- Paralegal Practice Module 4: Research Methodology**
- Paralegal Practice Module 5: Aspects of Finance and IT**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Each modules requires a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) that includes Formative and Summative Assessments. Both are used to assess Competence against Specific Outcomes (SO) and Assessment Criteria (AC). In addition, Learners complete a Final Integrated Assessment (FISA) and must be found Competent in this assessment.
SABP Learner Management fee, Student Membership fee and Occupational Programme Assessment Fee will be charged separately.
- Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- An understanding of South African Law and the legal system with specific emphasis on Paralegalism
- Insight into democracy as a form of governance
- Ability to apply fundamental legal concepts, principles, theories and values within a Paralegal Sector
- An understanding of procedure in courts and other forums
- Ability to guide and refer clients in terms of legal enquiries
- Ability to apply the principles of ethics and professionalism to a business environment
- Ability to monitor, reflect and improve on own performance
- Improved service to customers
- Ability to apply workplace communication skills
- Ability to negotiate an agreement or deal within an authentic work situation
- Ability to create, maintain and update record-keeping systems
- Ability to plan, organise and control the day-to-day administration of an office support function
- Ability to gather and manage information for decision making
- Ability to plan and conduct a research project
- Ability to perform financial planning and control function for a small business
- Ability to use technology effectively in the practice of Law
National Senior Certificate (NSC); or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)); or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate; or Further Education and Training (FET) Certificate; or equivalent qualification.
On successful completion of both the theory and practical components the Learner will be issued a Boston Statement of Results indicating the unit standards covered
Boston will apply, on behalf of the Learner, to the SABPP for verification of the Learner’s results. On successful verification the Learner will be issued a National Certificate: Paralegal Studies with specialisation Human Resources and Employee Relations SAQA ID 97229, NQF Level 5, 131 credits from SABPP
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the Learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to an accredited Boston Higher Education Programme.