Digital Music Composition and Production
This course is only available in Sandton, Johannesburg (City Centre), Pretoria (Arcadia), Durban City, Cape Town, Bloemfontein and East London.
Download the Fact Sheet for additional, detailed programme information.
• Music Production Fundamentals 1 (Propellerheads Reason)
• Music Production Fundamentals 2 (Native Instruments)
• Advanced Production and Post-Production
• Music Theory
• Cubase and Audio Engineering Theory
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
Love of Music | Creative | Free Spirited | Passionate | Technical | Dedicated
Knowledge and understanding of:
• Basic and advanced music composition with a focus on modern and electronic music styles
• Drum programming
• Scales and intervals
• Quantizing and groove timing
• Basic and advanced synthesis
• Chords and chord progressions
• MIDI sequencing
• Effects processing – inserts and sends
• Psycho-acoustics and the perception of sound
• Principles of sound and digital recording
• Vocal recording and microphone techniques
• Audio recording and editing
• Film score composition and production
• Sound to picture editing
• Compression and dynamics processing
• Post production – mixing and mastering
• Sound design, sampling and synthesis with Native instruments
• Remixer, Producer, Live Artist
• Film Score Composition
• Sound and Music Design for Games, TV, Film and other Multimedia Applications
• Record Producer
• Post Production and Mastering Engineer
• Recording Engineer
• Live Sound Technician
Africa’s largest independent dance record label, Soul Candi, has teamed up with Boston
City Campus & Business College to bring you a revolutionary new approach to digital
music composition and production. This Short Learning Programme, one of a kind in Africa,
seamlessly integrates modern music composition with all the latest music production
techniques being used by the world’s best hit-making producers.
Grade 11 Certificate; or National Certificate: (Vocational) L3; or equivalent qualification. No previous knowledge of music or experience with any musical instrument required.
Grade 10 Certificate; or National Certificate: (Vocational) L2; or equivalent qualification. Some previous knowledge of music or experience with any musical instrument is required.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning
Programme Digital Music Composition and Production.