Digital Music Composition and Production
Only available at selected Boston branches
- Music Production Fundamentals 1 (Propellerheads Reason)
- Music Production Fundamental 2 (Native Instruments)
- Advanced Production and Post-Production
- Music Theory
- Cubase and Audio Engineering Theory
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
Love of Music | Creative | Free Spirited | Passionate | Technical | Dedicated
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Basic and advanced music composition with a focus on modern and electronic music styles
- Drum programming
- Scales and intervals
- Quantizing and groove timing
- Basic and advanced synthesis
- Chords and chord progressions
- MIDI sequencing
- Effects processing – Inserts and sends
- Sound shaping
- Psycho-acoustics and the perception of sound
- Principles of sound and digital recording
- Vocal recording and microphone techniques
- Audio recording and editing
- Film score composition and production
- Sound to picture editing
- Compression and dynamics processing
- Post production – mixing and mastering
- Sound design, sampling and synthesis with Native instruments
- Remixer, Producer, Live Artist
- Film Score Composition
- Sound and Music Design for Games, TV, Film and other Multimedia Applications
- Record Producer
- Post Production and Mastering Engineer
- Recording Engineer
- Live Sound Technician
Africa’s largest independent dance record label, Soul Candi, has teamed up with Boston City Campus & Business College to bring you a revolutionary new approach to digital music composition and production. This Short Learning Programme, one of a kind in Africa, seamlessly integrates modern music composition with all the latest music production techniques being used by the world’s best hit-making producers.
Grade 11 Certificate; or National Certificate: (Vocational) L3; or equivalent qualification. No previous knowledge of music of experience with any musical instrument required.
Grade 10 Certificate; or National Certificate: (Vocational) L3; or equivalent qualification. Some previous knowledge of music or experience with any musical instrument is required.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Digital Music Composition and Production.