The Music Business
Download the Fact Sheet for additional, detailed programme information.
• The Music Business
Love of Music | Creative | Passionate | Dedicated
• A working knowledge of the business side of the music industry
• Understanding of the various commercial entities and parts of the music and entertainment supply chain and industry
• Understanding of where the major and independent record companies fit into the environment
• Understanding of the roles of artists, producers, publishing companies, managers, agents, promoters and attorneys
• Understanding of the contractual landscape and framework
• Understand new challenges from digital technology and the Internet
• Insight into evolving markets and career paths
• Understanding of the core concepts associated with copyright and trademark law as they apply to music
Africa’s largest independent dance record label, Soul Candi, has teamed up with Boston City Campus & Business College to bring you a revolutionary new approach to digital music composition and production. This Short Learning Programme, one of a kind in Africa, seamlessly integrates modern music composition with all the latest music production techniques being used by the world’s best hit-making producers.
Grade 12 Certificate; or National Certificate: (Vocational) L4; or equivalent qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry the programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme The Music Business.