Diploma in Marketing Management
Dip. (Marketing Management)
SAQA ID 91924
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Head Office in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College branch countrywide.
Download the Fact Sheet for additional, detailed programme information.
YEAR ONE MODULES
• Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1171)*
• Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2171)*
• Marketing Management 1 (HMKT11615)**
• Advertising 1 (HADV11615)**
• Financial Management 1A (HFMN1A161)**
• Integrated Marketing Communication 1 (HINT11615)**
• Brand Management 1 (HBRD11615)**
• Media Law 1 (HMLW11615)**
• Business Management 1 (HBMN11615)**
• Financial Management 1B (HFMN1B161)**
YEAR TWO MODULES
• Marketing Management 2 (HMKT2161)**
• Advertising 2 (HADV 2161)**
• Applied Psychology 1 (HAPS11615)**
• Integrated Marketing Communication 2 (HINT2161)**
• Brand Management 2 (HBRD2161)**
• Project Management 1 (HPRM11615)**
• Media Law 2 (HMLW2161)**
YEAR THREE MODULES
• Marketing Management 3 (HMKT3161)**
• Advertising 3A (HADV3A161)**
• Integrated Marketing Communication 3A (HINT3A161)**
• Applied Research (HAPRD1161)**
• Advertising 3B (HADV3B161)**
• Integrated Marketing Communication 3B (HINT3B161)**
• Brand Management 3 (HBRD3161)**
• Project Management 2 (HPRM2161)**
• Work Integrated Learning DIPMM (HWDMM3171)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Two (2) formal Formative Assessments are completed and are weighted 20% (each) of the final grade. No supplementary assessments are provided for Formative Assessments. Two (2) Summative Assessments are completed and are weighted 50% and 10% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for each Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Based on the credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is six semesters over a period of three years, and the maximum duration is six years.
On completion of the programme graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
• Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Apply general marketing principles to real-life situations and interpret economic realities of local and global communities
• Manage financial and technology resources in organisations
• Analyse data, advertising and brand information
• Demonstrate integrated marketing communications and project management skills
• Identify the socio-economic needs of society and display cultural sensitivity within Organisations
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English passed and with endorsement for admission to Diploma study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English passed and with endorsement for admission to Diploma study; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.
BOSTON HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Diploma in Marketing Management SAQA ID 91924, NQF L6, minimum 390 credits from Boston City Campus& Business College.