Higher Certificate in Marketing Practice
H.Cert. (Marketing Practice)
SAQA ID 97230
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Head Office in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College branch countrywide.
This unique qualification provides graduates with endorsement for admission to Bachelor’s degree study from the South African Matriculation Board, subject to their rules.
Download the Fact Sheet for additional, detailed programme information.
• Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1171)*
• Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2171)*
• Academic Literacy (HALP1181)**
• Marketing Management 1 (HMKT1181)**
• Entrepreneurship 1 (HENT1181)**
• Introduction to Brand Management (HBRD1181)**
• Event Management 1 (HEVM1181)**
• Media Law 1 (HMLW1181)**
• Sales and Promotions Practice (HSPS1181)**
• Work Integrated Learning HCERT MP (HWCMP1171)
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative
Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A
maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the
Summative assessment, which will be charged for.
**One (1) formal Formative Assessment is completed and weighted at 50% of the final
grade. No supplementary assessment is provided for Formative Assessment. One (1)
Summative Assessment is completed and weighted at 50% of the final grade. A maximum of
one (1) supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment,
which will be charged for.
Based on credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is one year and the maximum duration is two years of study.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
• Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Apply general marketing principles to real life situations
• Manage media and technology resources in organisations
• Demonstrate marketing/business communication and brand management skills
• Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills
• Identify the socio-legal implications of media law within society and display cultural sensitivity with its application
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Higher Certificate study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English passed with endorsement for admission to Higher Certificate study; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.
BOSTON HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Higher Certificate in Marketing Practice, NQF Level 5, SAQA ID 97230, minimum 122 credits from Boston City Campus & Business College.