- Introduction to PC*
- Word Processing*
- Marketing Management 1 (OMKT11615)*
- Principles of Customer Service*
- Consumer and Buyer Behaviour*
- Retail Marketing*
- Sales and Promotion Practice (OSPS11615)*
- Stock Control*
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Communicative | Decisive | Articulate | Creative | Passion for Retailing
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Apply general marketing principles to real life situations
- Apply basic processes and theories to key concepts and principles of advertising and retail management
- Insight into the job functions of retail marketing, stock control and customer service
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L4; or equivalent qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
INSTITUTE LEARNING PROGRAMME / BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme The Retailer including eligibility ito RPL for a total of 42 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLP1, HCLP2, HMKT1, HSPS1) and of 16 Higher Education credits on NQF L6 (HMKT2)
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the Learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to an accredited Boston Higher Education Programme.