Introduction to Digital Music Composition & Production
Download the Fact Sheet for additional, detailed programme information.
• Music Production Fundamentals 1 (Propellerheads Reason)
• Music Production Fundamentals 2 (Native Instruments)
• Music Theory
• Intermediate Production with Steinberg Cubase
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
Love of Music | Creative | Free Spirited | Passionate | Technical
Knowledge and understanding of:
• Basic and advanced music composition with a focus on modern and electronic music styles
• Drum programming
• Scales and intervals
• Quantizing and groove timing
• Basic and advanced synthesis
• Chords and chord progressions
• MIDI sequencing
• Effects processing – inserts and sends
• Sound shaping
• Vocal recording and microphone techniques
• Audio editing
• Film score composition and production
• Sound to picture editing
• Compression and dynamics processing
• Post production – mixing and mastering
• Native instruments
• Remixer, Producer, Live Artist
• Film Score Composition
• Sound and Music Design for Games, TV, Film and other Multimedia Applications
• Record Producer
• Post Production and Mastering Engineer
Africa’s largest independent dance record label, Soul Candi, has teamed up with Boston City Campus & Business College to bring you a revolutionary new approach to digital music composition and production. This Short Learning Programme, one of a kind in Africa, seamlessly integrates modern music composition with all the latest music production techniques being used by the world’s best hit-making producers.
Grade 11 Certificate; or National Certificate: (Vocational) L3; or equivalent qualification. No previous knowledge of music or experience with any musical instrument required.
Grade 10 Certificate; or National Certificate: (Vocational) L2; or equivalent qualification. Some previous knowledge of music or experience with any musical instrument is required.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Introduction to Digital Music Composition and Production.