Boston City Campus & Business College strives to enhance, uplift and continuously improve the quality of education and training in Southern Africa through our vision of “Education. For Life.” Our mandate is aligned to national policies requiring education institutions to embrace an expanded responsibility as active role players towards economic growth. The principle of life-long learning is at the heart of our national imperative for capacitating and up-skilling an engaged citizenry in the economy and broader society.*
Boston provides access to a wide range of accredited higher education and occupational qualifications, short learning programmes, international professional certifications, and digital learning badges. These are paramount to meeting the objectives of life-long learning, alleviating and responding to inequalities, and underscoring aspirations for a better life.
Boston’s offerings serve the key purposes of:
- being essential to promoting skills and human resource development
- acquiring new knowledge and competences
- serving the needs of industry and adult learners to upgrade skills
- meeting the requirements of employees and professionals for continuous professional development
- enabling access to those who were denied and/or who may not have met formal entry requirements through a formalised process of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
*CHE. 2016. Good Practice Guide for the Quality Management of Short Courses Offered Outside of the HEQSF.