SAQA ID 20366
YEAR ONE MODULES
- Corporate Strategy (ICB)*
- Management Accounting Control Systems (ICB)*
- Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks (ICB)*
- Research Theory and Practice (Short dissertation) (ICB)*
*Five (5) Formative activities and evaluations (tests) comprise a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) that is weighted 30% of the final grade. The Summative Assessment is weighted 70% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Membership, Assessment and RPL fees to ICB will be charged separately.
Logical | Accurate | Methodical | Responsible | Ethical | Strategic
- Ability to compile Annual Financial Statements
- Eligibility to register with the South African Institute of Business Accountants (SAIBA) as an Accounting Officer
- Eligibility to register as a member of The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers and Accountants (ICBA)
- Ability to work closely with a Chartered Certified Accountant and Registered Auditor
- A thorough knowledge of Accounting Theory and Practice
- A thorough knowledge of Corporate Strategy and Regulatory Frameworks
- Ability to operate with management in an accounting environment
- A comprehensive knowledge of bookkeeping, financial accounting, management accounting, cost accounting, personal and business taxation, business law and accounting control
- Thorough knowledge of personal and business taxation and of the Income Tax Act, the calculation of taxable income for both individuals and businesses, the skills for the completion of Income Tax Returns as well as the ability to provide advice to clients and be current on South African Income Tax calculation and collection
- A working knowledge of business law and accounting control (the audit function) including basic contract and insurance law, insolvency law, internal and computer auditing
- Eligibility for registration as a Tax TechnicianTM of the of the South African Institute of Tax Practitioners with a Tax Practitioner’s number allowing him/her to complete monthly and annual SARS returns on behalf of a client
National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting (Certified Technical Financial Accountant) L5.
INSTITUTE LEARNING PROGRAMME / OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a National Diploma: Financial Accounting (Certified Financial Accountant) SAQA ID 20366, NQF L6, 280 credits from FASSET SETA
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner may apply for admission to any Boston Higher Education Programme. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.